There were no injuries as the result of a house fire on Smallwood Drive in Mount Pearl late this afternoon. Meagan Cooper was at home working on a project with a friend when the fire broke out. Cooper says one of the Christmas decorations caught fire from the fire place, and it spread up the wall. She says they grabbed the ornaments, put them in the sink, and used the fire extinguisher for the walls and fireplace. Cooper says things seem to be under control, and that firefighters stayed on scene to check the walls, and ensure the fire was completely extinguished.

VOCM: House Fire in Mount Pearl