Fire Crews Battle Topsail Road Blaze
Fire crews had a busy night with a blaze at 896 Topsail Road. The St. John’s Regional Fire Department responded managed to confine the damage to one section of the building. Superintendent Derek Chafe says they had the blaze under control in short order.
He says they received the call around 7 p.m. Smoke was reported to be coming from the wall in the home. Fire crews found the fire between the chimney and the wall of the interior of the fire, which was quickly extinguished.
There were no injuries in the blaze.