Fire at Big R Restaurant on Blackmarsh Road

From The Telegram

The fire was reported just before 3 a.m. by an employee who was still in the restaurant after closing. When firefighters from the St. John’s Regional fire department arrived on scene, the business was filled with smoke and smoke was pouring out of roof vents.

Platoon chief Rick DeHann said it appears the fire started around a fat fryer in the kitchen and spread to the adjoining area before it could be extinguished. The restaurant suffered fire, smoke and water damage.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2016-06-05/article-4550101/Early-morning-blaze-damages-Big-R-restaurant-on-Blackmarsh-Road/1