Central Fire Station

central

The Central Fire Station opened on July 8, 1895, as one of the first stations with the St. John’s Fire Department. The new Central station (with training tower) officially opened in September 2004.

Located at 5 Fort Townshend, the Central Station also houses the Administration Division, the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and 911 Communication Center for the Northeast Avalon (Redundant center located in Mount Pearl Fire Station).